Friday, May 23, 2014

So, what does it look like when an A/C breaks? The graphs below tell the story.  I'm hoping I can use this data to write a script to detect this condition. I'll add more detail once I know what the actual breakage is.  Maybe it just iced up?  Those spikes are a little odd on the 1hr graph.

This is the AC trying to run, me giving up on it, and turning it to fan only.




Looks like it broke around midnight:
Now you can see below my vacation, returning, AC fires up as normal, and then clunk?
You can see the last working run, and then it starts to diverge

Here you can see vacation mode, and then the failure.




1 comment:

  1. Update: This is a capacitor failure. The capacitor that starts the compressor failed. What you see in the power graphs, is the internal fan turn on (500W), the external fan turn on (500W), and little spikes as it keeps failing to turn over the compressor.

    ReplyDelete