Saturday, November 10, 2018

A fresh start

So here we go.  Starting over.

First thing, if I can buy it, I'm not building it.  Two reasons for that.
  1.  I know half the reason it's sat there, is that I don't want to go through the massive effort of building two huge sumps by hand from plywood, and I know I'll never get around to actually doing it.
  2. For some of these things, if I cut a corner here and there, it has long term consequences.  I need to just suck it up and spend the $$$.
So I bought some new equipment. First, a pair of Trigger Systems Ruby sumps.  One 36, and one 36 Elite.  Why two different ones? Simple, one is left drained, one is right drained.  Perfect.

Next, a Reef Octopus 200INT Elite skimmer.  Something to note on this.  The dimensions on the Ruby 36 indicate that you could fit this in there.  That is a bold faced lie.  It will not fit.  It does however fit in the Elite, so, phew.

Next on the list, new return pumps.  These will sit inside the sump, so when they inevitably leak.  They won't leak on the floor and ruin the whole planet.  I went with a pair of Neptune COR20's, because I love controllable, and I love Neptune.
Finally, a Neptune ATK, and level sensor.  I will not make the same mistake twice with the auto topoff and the RO/DI.  Don't ever do what I did.

So this is the start.. More as I progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment